Preparation and Cooking Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
You will need:
Ground turkey breast or lean ground beef - 1 lbs.
Oat bran - 1.5 Tbsp.
Onion - 1 medium, minced
Low fat ketchup
Pepper - 1 tsp.
Fat-free chicken broth - 1 can (49 oz)
Frozen mixed vegetables (do not thaw) - 1 pack (10 oz.)
1. In a large bowl, combine onion, ground turkey or lean ground beef, oat bran, low fat ketchup and season with a half teaspoon of salt. Mix thoroughly.
2. Heat broiler and lightly spray rack of broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Shift the meatball mixture to a tin of foil. Tap the mixture into 9x6 inch rectangle.
4. Slice into 1 ½ inch squares and roll each square into a ball and position each meat balls on the broiler pan.
5. Broil meat balls in low fire about 6 minutes or until cooked.
6. Boil chicken broth over medium-high heat.
7. Add frozen vegetables and simmer for 8 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
8. Add meat balls and cook for another minute.
9. Serve immediately.
Recipe Contributor: Real McCoy